Senior Full Stack Software Developer
Fotomerchant comprises many teams that all come together to make the lives of our customers better & faster. As a company, we believe that we always need to adapt and grow and our people have a direct impact on helping shape the direction of our platform and the culture of the company.
The engineering team at Fotomerchant comprises a diverse range of individuals located in both Australia and the US. We combine our experience and skills in building industry-leading hardware and software using a hybrid of Agile and Kanban-based methodologies. We partner closely with product and customer teams to create solutions that help deliver a better & faster experience for all.
Fotomerchant operates on AWS and takes advantage of services such as EC2, RDS, S3, Lambda, SQS, DynamoDB, Rekognition, and OpsWorks to name a few. Our solutions are built utilising a broad mix of modern technologies, including;
- React, Angular
- Electron and more.
- You love immersing yourself in a coding task or solving complex problems.
- Have a passion for software development and working with technology.
- 5+ years of software development experience in the industry.
- Understanding of open source libraries, tools, and frameworks (e.g. for logging, testing, building) with an understanding of how to choose best-of-breed solutions and options.
- Can rapidly learn new programming languages, frameworks, paradigms, and familiarise themselves with a new and complex code base.
- Industry experience in setting up and scaling workloads in AWS.
- An understanding and or familiarity with DevOps tools.
- Self-starter and able to work independently in a remote environment.
About The Role.
- Join a remote international team in creating innovative solutions for the high-volume photography industry.
- You will be given the opportunity to design, develop and ship new features and innovations directly to clients and end-users.
- Work on software-as-a-service platforms that use modern Cloud, API, Web, and Desktop (Electron) technologies.
- Participate in various team activities such as planning, estimating, and retrospectives.
- Collaborate with our Customer Success team to support our local and international clients, investigate issues, and work on patches.
- Work with a supportive and inclusive development team to brainstorm solutions, pair-program, conduct code reviews, test and release new features.
- Contribute to a growing software development team and work on solving platform scale-up challenges to support our growth and global expansion plans.
Work where you are.
Great work can get done anywhere, so that’s where our team works.
Fotomerchant is a fully remote company distributed across the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand & the UK. And we’re continuing to grow.
We provide a flexible work arrangement which means you can find the right work/life balance to suit your individual needs. We support you with salary-sacrificing options, financial support to set up your home office, and all the tools you need to get the job done.
We ultimately value people over perfection. If you are excited about this role but not sure if you meet all of the criteria, please go ahead and apply – we’d love to hear from you!